I can’t believe I did it again – subjected myself to another exercise involving the utmost of frustration, patience and perseverance! This time, for some unknown reason, I decided to create two photo album ebooks using photos taken for our camera club meetings. When I began, I thought I was working with a limit of 5 MB per book, so I adjusted the resolution of the photos to meet that requirement. When I uploaded the first book for publication, I noticed that I was allowed 10 MB. So now, sometime early in the New Year, I will be going back to the original photos and re-publishing the books. At the moment they look good on my Ipod, but not so good on my Android tablet.
Back to the story – I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve re-sized, formatted and used Photoshop to make this work. When I thought I was finished, I noticed that some of the photos had borders around them and looked much more ‘finished’. So back to Photoshop I went and added borders to them all.
To complicate matters further, I had decided to create a Spanish version of the second book, since there was very little text involved. Using an on-line translation software, I added the translations and forwarded the results to my sister, Fran, and her Spanish study group. Apparently they had a few good laughs over my Spanish, but cleaned it all up for me – for which I am truly grateful!
Somewhere in the past few months I managed to add another three chapters to the book that is still a work in progress. I know what comes next – just can’t get pen to paper.
The three ebooks are now published (and will be enhanced later), Christmas is upon us and I am almost ready for it.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season, and a healthy, wealthy and happy New Year!